Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I have had uti symptoms every 2weeks last 3months.

I have had uti symptoms every 2weeks for the last 3months. Doctor has sent away 3 samples for analysis and they are all clear. What might be causing this? I am usually in agony for 5 days, then ok for 5 days and it starts all over. Drinking lots of water makes me in more pain, drinking just enough to get by helps more. Any ideas?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Can you describe your symptoms better to me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Burning pain/ sore around vagina, hot feeling urine, desperate to go after 20mins, not much urine coming out, pressure pain around pubic bone...but no temp or tummy pain, only a little back ache, but i do have arthritis?! Leaking urine of I try to wait.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry images from another question have apppeared on here...this is just a uti question.

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
These are all symptoms of bladder spasms from an overactive bladder. You need to get in to see your doctor or a urologist for an exam and they should consider starting you on a medicine such as oxybutynin to stop the spasms. This is a common condition in women and very treatable with these medications. Hope this helps.