Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I am ejecting blood clots in mu urine and am due ultrasound scan on Thursday. There

Customer Question

I am ejecting blood clots in mu urine and am due for a ultrasound scan on Thursday. There is no pain but the urine obviously has blood as well as the clots. I am afraid that it may stop me from urinating completely.
Does this sound a serious situation?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Yes. This sounds serious at this point. He blood clots can make you stop urinating due to obstruction of the bladder. You need to get to the ER to be seen for an exam and will likely need a catheter placed to irrigate out the clots. They need to call a urologist in to figure out where the bleeding is coming from. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you but I still don't have any clues whether I should wait until Thursday for the ultrasound scan at the hospital or go there now as an emergency
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
You need to go to the emergency room now. You can't wait until Thursday or your bladder will clot off