Dr. David
Dr. David, Physician Experienced in Urology
Experience:  Board Certified Physician with extensive experience in Urology
41363181

I hope you can help me with the following questions I'm 28

Customer Question

I hope you can help me with the following questionsI'm 28 now, but I've never found the courage to ask anyone about my concerns, not even my GP.I'm a black African males. As far as I can remember my penis head has always been pink with a few patches on it.I remember when I was younger I had trouble pulling my foreskin back because it was too tight. After a few attempts to pull it back I eventually managed to pull it back successfully with occasional practice. I'm too ashamed to ask my mum If there was an attempt to circumcise me.Currently I can pull it back, with or without an erection. It doesn't hurt. It's just the discolouration I'm more concerned about.Also when I pull my foreskin back when it's not erect, I see excess skin that doesn't look right. (Pics attached)When erect I see excess ring of skin right under the penis head (pics attached)The penis head when not erect looks light pink with black marks on it (patches around) pics attachedWhen erect the marks look less visible but I suppose it's due the blood flowing through.It's pretty embarrassing to try explain to a new partner. Also I find myself using viagra just to keep an erection.Please help me understand what's going on and would you recommend?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 10 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yes, please keep looking, I'll wait patiently.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 10 months ago.
This is Dr. David
thank you for the question and the photos you uploaded.
I can understand your worry.
actually everything in the photos looks 100% normal
it is absolutely normal to have those patches of extra dark and lighter areas of the underside of your foreskin and head of your penis.
those are areas of pigment deposit or melanin deposits which are 100% normal.
you might not like the way it looks, but we can't all be 100% the way we want to look
there is nothing to try to explain to a partner about your colors and pigments.
that is just how God made you.
if you are worried about it during sex or anxious, anxiety can kill an erection very quickly
you have to not be self conscious about it and you will be able to keep an erection.
if you really don't like the way it looks, you can see a dermatologist and pay money for skin laser therapy like they use to remove tattoos and see if they can help even out the color, but skin laser therapy can cause scar tissue in the area and can damage the skin.
I would try not to worry about the color issue on your penis.
let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me again:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com