Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I've got this cystitis type symptoms past month

Hi I've got this cystitis type symptoms for the past month on & off.I went to see the doctor couple of weeks ago she did a dip test there was no infection she sent the urine to the lab but it got lost so I gave another sample today.Soon after I saw the doctor I had periods the symptoms were not there while I had periods but now when they've finished I've got the symptoms again.Ive also missed my periods last month.Ive been through a lot of stress last month.Is it all linked to stress?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Can you please describe your symptoms in detail?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I get discomfort before & after urinating & sometimes get tummy aches.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not while urinating.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
The symptoms consistent with bladder spasms which can be due to a condition called overactive bladder. It does not sound like cystitis. I would recommend that you get into see your doctor for an examination and a urologist would be ideal. They can start you on a medication such as oxybutynin which is designed to stop bladder spasms to see if this cures your symptoms. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What about missed periods
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
& is this not stress related?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did had some uti in the past
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Stress can contribute to the problem but it is not the underlying cause. Your missed periods likely have nothing to do with this. Stress can contribute to miss periods but it is not the cause of your urinary symptoms.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok what about premature menopause?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've got these symptoms for a month now some good days some not so good
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You there?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Premature menopause is not the cause of your urinary symptoms. I can't tell if you are going through menopause as the cause of your missed periods though. You need to see your gynecologist about that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks.I normally have a weak bladder after 4 children like when I sneeze etc.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
A urologist can definitely help you with that. You should be referred to a pelvic floor physical therapist to help strengthen your urinary sphincter.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks will go to a urologist.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome. I wish you the best. Please don't forget to leave me a rating. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do.Thanks