Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Have had lower back pain . And urine is very strong

Have had lower back pain for awhile. And urine is very strong smelling and dark in colour.
I suspect I have a urine infection. Is this right and if so, what treatment is there?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
The correct treatment for urinary tract infection is antibiotics. In order to determine which antibiotics you need, you need to have a urine culture done to identify the bacteria. A good starting point would be a medication such as ciprofloxacin are bactrim until your urine culture returns. this cannot be treated with over-the-counter medications. You need to see a doctor to have a urine culture done. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.