Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Have had lower back pain . And urine is very strong

Have had lower back pain for awhile. And urine is very strong smelling and dark in colour.
I suspect I have a urine infection. Is this right and if so, what treatment is there?
The correct treatment for urinary tract infection is antibiotics. In order to determine which antibiotics you need, you need to have a urine culture done to identify the bacteria. A good starting point would be a medication such as ciprofloxacin are bactrim until your urine culture returns. this cannot be treated with over-the-counter medications. You need to see a doctor to have a urine culture done. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.