Dr. David
Dr. David, Physician Experienced in Urology
Experience:  Board Certified Physician with extensive experience in Urology
41363181

I have had 2 urine tests done that says large hemolyzed in

I have had 2 urine tests done that says large hemolyzed in the blood.what does this mean?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidsomething is bleeding.at your age, it would be unlikely to be bladder cancer.you most likely have an AVM or arterial malformation in the wall of your bladder which is bleeding.you need to see a urologist who can do a cystoscopy and look on the inside of your bladder and urethra to see where the bleeding is coming from.a cystoscopy is a thin camera procedure where they look inside of your bladder with a thin flexible camera to see where this bleeding is coming fromlet me know if you have questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had a cystocopy about 2 years ago which he said was normal.I'm scared it could be my kidneys..I'm hoping nothing serious.my grandfather has bladder cancer.what does large hemolyzed mean? A lot of blood?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
yes, that means a lot of blooddoubtful you have bladder cancer now.more likely to be an AVM in your bladder or ureters or kidneys bleeding possibly.you might need an IVP scan to look for bleeding from your kidneys as well.or a RBC nuclear medicine tagged study to look for sources of bleeding.sounds like you know your way around a cystoscopy.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you...is this something can can wait over aonth for my appt? Or should I request something earlier
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
you can see a urologist in a month. that is finekeep a record of when you have visible amounts of blood in your urinemake sure you drink plenty of fluidsavoid aspirin and NSAIDs for now and alcohol
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have never seen visible blood.just always on urine test for the past few years.lately more blood.thank you for helping.makes me feel better hoping it's nothing serious.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
you are welcomeplease leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todayThanks for using JustAnswers.com
Experience: Board Certified Physician with extensive experience in Urology