Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I am a 25 year old man and have had an issue with the

Customer Question

I am a 25 year old man and have had an issue with the glans of my penus for the last couple of years. This seems to becoming progressively worse but the symptoms are still fairly benign. I have a redness on the meatus with the rest of the glans become reddened from friction (red pimples), the area also seems dry. After masturbation I tend to get soreness around the meatus when passing urine but if I haven't done this symptom stays away.
I've been tested at GUM clinics with everything being negative and have seen my GP and a consultant dermatologist regarding this. The response has progressed from thrush creams and steroids for balantis which only seemed to make things worse (quite a bad reaction to steroids). The consultant and the gum clinic thought that this is more likely related to a dermatolocal condition (possibly meatusitus) and prescribed barrier creams. These seem to keep it at bay but simply that and any masturbation brings it back. I haven't taken any antibiotics regarding this either.
This problem has kept me fairly closed off from the opposite sex and I haven't been able to find a cure. I'm hoping that a urologist might be able to point me another possible cause or
Ossicle tests that might help identify it!
Tom
Category: Urology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 8 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 8 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidcan you upload a clear photo of the head of the penis and meatus?here are instructionstype a word in the textbox and highlight itthen select the "chain" icon above the textbox or the paper clip icon to upload a jpgthis opens a window where you can click next to the text box to select the jpg or pdf file on your computer to upload into JustAnswerhttp://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0 if you drink alcohol or caffeine, this can irritate the bladder and urethra and cause some redness.the urethra can often normally look a bit more red than the head of the penis. after masturbation, you should wash with soap and water your penis to clean the skin and prevent dermatitis and irritation,do you use lubricant when you masturbate?