Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

A few days ago I noticed the appearance of what can perhaps

Customer Question

Hi. A few days ago I noticed the appearance of what can perhaps best be described a small intrascrotal lump/mass, specifically located in the hemiscrotum high up on my right side just below the groin. It sits apart from the testes (no lumps to report on these or elsewhere) and it appears fairly solid. Accompanying this is a general feeling of heaviness and possibly slight swelling together with mild stinging and tenderness across the scrotum in its entirety. I went to my GP today who has referred me to a urologist for a further look. I've heard of things like hydroceles and varicoceles. etc, and of course I'm aware of the more serious implication of testicular cancer, but I'm keen to get your professional opinion on the likely cause of this mysterious lump and associated symptoms as I wait for my urologist appointment. Kind Regards.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 8 months ago.
Is this lump located right above the testicle?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
As I say, it's basically in between my leg and the right side of my scrotum- area known as the hemiscrotum according to my doctor. Basically, if from a standing position you were to pull the scrotum to the left the lump/ mass would be situated top right. So, certainly above the testicle, but not 'right' above it- as far away from it as is possible I suppose. Best I can describe.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 8 months ago.
That would be an odd location to have a lump. It is likely to be a non cancerous mass like a cyst of the spermatic cord or a fat lump of the cord called a lipoma. You will need an exam by a urologist and possibly an ultrasound of this area to determine for sure. Hope this helps.