DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I am a 23 year old male and yesterday I started drinking a

Customer Question

I am a 23 year old male and yesterday I started drinking a lot more water that I used too about a gallon of water a day. Today I went to the toilet and there was a really sticky jelly like substance in my urine which give me a burning sensation as I past urine. It's the first time it's happened and I was just wondering if it's normal and the water is just cleaning my urinary system out or should I get checked out? I haven't had sex in almost 5 months if that helps, thank you.
Category: Urology
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloNo, not really normal.Go have a urinalysis.Make sure you don't have infection. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.