Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I recently came back from holiday (Spanish island)

I recently came back from holiday (Spanish island) and noticed in the last few days of my holiday that I had started urinating more frequently. Around 10-12 times per day. It continued for just over a week so I went to see my Dr. They tested me blood sugar (fine) and urine (fine) and all came back clear, also have no lumps or swelling anywhere. I do have lower back pain anyhow and this had been playing up after sleeping on a uncomfortable bed for two weeks and carrying my little boy everywhere. The Dr said it's probably due to anxiety and stress and i should just get on with life and the urinating will probably return to normal. I do suffer from health anxiety and i'am under stress at the moment but my worry is could this be prostate related and should i go back and get this checked? I've googled my symptoms so cant help but think prostatis or prostate cancer :-( . Although i must had i'm only 36 years old, and did have my prostate checked last year and it was fine (whilst checking piles) also went to hospital for camera inspection and that was fine too. and advice welcome?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
If all the tests you had done our normal, then there is certainly nothing seriously wrong with you. This is definitely not cancer. This may be a condition called overactive bladder or it could be your anxiety. If your symptoms continue, I would recommend that you see a urologist a sitter putting you up on the medication such as oxybutynin which is designed to stop bladder spasms to see if this helps. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So i don't need a prostate exam or a SPA blood test?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am i correct in thinking the prostate takes a long time to develop problems so that inspections i had a year ago would have picked up anything wrong? Sorry I'm really fed up with worrying over trivia and never googling my symptoms again
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Correct. Prostate issues takes years to. Develop. Prostatitis can happen quickly, but you would have a positive urine culture. If your symptoms persist, your doctor may want to repeat your urine culture to see if they missed it the first time around.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you that has put my mind at rest.I'll try to not think about it and get on with life. I really appreciate your time thanks again. Dave