Dr. David
Dr. David, Physician Experienced in Urology
Experience:  Board Certified Physician with extensive experience in Urology
41363181

Can you crush metronidazole into a smoothie , I have trouble

Can you crush metronidazole into a smoothie , I have trouble swallowing tablets . Thank you .
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidyou can't crush Flagyl ER extended release pillsbut regular Flagyl (metronidazole) pills you can crush into a smoothielet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What would commonly be prescribed for treating trich ? Thanks
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
metronidazole is commonly used and prescribed for treating trichomonas infectionyes, you can crush up your metronidazole antibiotic.I'm not even sure if they have the extended release version in the UKlet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So it will cure the trich ok and not give me too many bad side effects by crushing up the pills and taking them in a smoothie?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
yes, it will cure the trichomonas infection.it should not cause bad side effects