Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

During sex a couple of months ago it felt as if my partner

During sex a couple of months ago it felt as if my partner was dry in one place and it felt like the foreskin pulled tight almost tore and afterwards there seemed to be slight red marks at the bottom of the bell and under the ridge all in the top, almost like the skin had pulled/ripped my GP gave me cream for thrush and blood tests to check I wasn't diabetic, it was clear , the cream didn't seem to make a difference but no sex did, we have tried sex carefully since and it's happened each time and now there are white patches of skin under the ridge like scar tissue , I can't see my GP for at least 3 weeks
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Can you post a picture of the affected area?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Photos attached please let me know if they are ok
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
This looks like a fungal infection. What cream dos they prescribe? How many times a day are you applying it and how long have you used it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was told to use for two weeks only that finished about 6 weeks ago I cannot recall the name but had to be kept in the fridge and applied twice a day and the GP said it was to treat Thrush a steroid based cream ? What should I do ?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
If this is thrush, it can take 6-8 weeks of the steroid and anti fungal cream to clear up. You should continue to use t and then visit your doctor for a repeat exam. If this doesn't clear up, then you may need to be referred to a urologist to consider doing a circumcision to get rid of the skin that is covering this area and keeping it moist and preventing it from healing. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you it seems the advice I had wasn't right as I didn't keep the cream after the treatment but I will go back and ask again, should my wife be treated too as we don't ever have other partners and don't use condoms?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
If she has any vaginal discharge, then she should be treated for a possible yeast infection as well
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your advice it is very much appreciated
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
You're very welcome. I wish you the best. Please don't forget to leave me a rating. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I last question what should we do about intercourse?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
If you continue to have intercourse. But I would recommend wearing a condom until everything clears up.