Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Im a fit guy that goes to the gym 40 years old and I have a

Im a fit guy that goes to the gym 40 years old and I have a medical once a year at my GP, I recently attended my GP for my annual medical and he asked if there was anything i wanted to discuss. I said about a year ago I thought I might of seen a very vague pink colour in my pale green urine. It was after I passed water in a hotel , it wasn't a noticeable pink in colour and thought it might be just the lightening reflection in the toilet against a white bowl. If there was any pink in it at all. He just asked if I have had it since and I advised no and this was approx 8 months ago. He said if it was anything nasty it would just get worse over time and be more noticeable and he isnt concerned and it sound like a possible diet related issue or maybe just my mind. I advised that I have been checking the colour of my urine everyday since then and it has always been straw like colour depending on my hydration. Would you agree with my Gps view that if there was an issue such as a tumour it would be more noticable by now and that there is no cause for concern ? I am a bit of a hypochondriac also.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 10 months ago.
Yes. If there was a concerning issue, then you would have obvious bleeding that would likely get worse over time. It doesn't sound like you have anything to worry about
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience: Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.