Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Last 7 months i have had a servere pain in my right

for the last 7 months i have had a servere pain in my right testicle.I went to my doctor and he sent me to a urologist who diagnosied a infected epididymis and put me on antibotics which failed to resolve the poblem. i then had the epididymis surgically removed bit after the operation the pain returned, what is my next option?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Have they tried a nerve block on you yet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi, no nerve block as not been mentioned
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
In this case, I would recommend you discuss this with your urologist. A nerve block can be therapeutic and stop the pain. If the pain returns, then your doctor will know that the pain is nerve related and they can consider doing a procedure to strip the nerves away called a neurolysis. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my urologist as said that the next step is to send me for pain management, would this include a nerve block?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Pain specialists are typically the ones who perform the nerve blocks. Hope this helps and please don't forget to leave a rating when you are done. Thanks