Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience:  MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.
8708167

I have a very embarrassing question my boyfriend and I

Customer Question

Hello I have a very embarrassing question my boyfriend and I engaged in anal sex for the first time but afterwards I was in a great deal of pain as though he has perforated my colon since then I have been experiencing sepsis symptoms hot fever cold chills nausea diarrea pains all over my body could this be very serious?? Regards Sarah
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 1 year ago.

When did this happen ?

Do you have blood in stools ?

Do you have pain while passing stools ?

Are you diabetic ?

DO you have history of piles or hemorrhoids ?

Please let me know.

Dr.Tharun

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It happened 10days ago, and no blood in stall contact diarrea yellow in colour not diabetic no piles I'm really worried I have sepsis please advise thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It happened 10days ago and since then I have had fever chills pains everywhere nausea headache sore throat could this be sepsis?
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 1 year ago.

HI

Since you are having fever and chills , it means that there is an infectious process going on.

Given the circumstances it could be anal/rectal infection or ascending gastroenteritis. That could explain the diarrhea too.

Small rectal tears could also get infected and cause problems. Sometimes Para rectal abscess can develop.

In this situation it is best to seek medical care as soon as possible. You should be put on antibiotics as early as possible. If it is simple gastroenteritis then it should settle with a course of antibiotics and probiotics.

In the mean time try to keep yourself hydrated. Drink more of fluids.Soft bland diet would be recommended for the time being.

If you have any more doubts , please let me know.

Take care

Dr.Tharun

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your advise is it unlikely to be sepsis do you think?
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 1 year ago.

Local infection is the initial process before it spreads to other parts and causes sepsis. So we can say you have initial stage of sepsis( fever ) and timely treatment will reverse it before it flares up.
Dr.Tharun

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will my colon repair without surgery?
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 1 year ago.

If it is superficial abrasion/ tear it should heal with time and proper measures.If it was something as grave as perforation then it would have progressed much faster with much severe symptoms. Perforation to present like this after 10 days is little less unlikely.

Dr.Tharun

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thank you
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 1 year ago.
Welcome