Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Patch on glans

Customer Question

White patch on glans
Category: Urology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The patch is white, about 5mm in diameter. It peels and can be removed without pain, almost like dead skin but always comes back within 24 hours.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Can you please post a photo of this area?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I've added a picture with the white patch highlighted, I removed it yesterday (I know I shouldn't) so it's very feint compared to how it is most of the time. Normally it's a shiny white, it always grows back the same shape/size and isn't painful to touch or remove.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

This is an inflammatory condition called lichen sclerosus. We don't know why this happens. But sometimes, I can be present and diabetics. You need to get into see a urologist for an examination and they should consider prescribing you a medication called clobetasol which is a steroid cream which can help go away. It may take 6 to 8 weeks to fully resolved. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.