wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I just submitted my symptoms and got told you were not sure

Customer Question

Hi, I just submitted my symptoms and got told you were not sure what my question is - surely the point of listing my symptoms is to find out what the problem - can I please get a bit more feedback on what might be going on ?Feeling really uncomfortable since having sex a month ago - I have had STI checks (including clymadia and ghoneria (spelt incorrectly) and all clear. My symptoms are:flatulence
tender clitoris, slightly white around it. No disharge thou.
hot when peeing - not sure if clitoris or urethral opening
itchy
stabbing pains/needles - not painful just noticeable
difficult to wee - like i want to but i have to really concentrate - have been confirmed to have hsv strain 1 - major outbreak in Feb
No discharge
Urine infection test came back negativeWas wondering if it was PHN... any ideas on what could be causing this discomfort?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 5 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 5 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Nothing that you have posted would lead me to believe that you are suffering from post herpetic neuralgia....which occurs after a shingles (not a HSV1) outbreak.

At this point, what should you do?

It sounds like you have spent quite some time trying to get to the bottom of what is going on. I am sure that your previous doctors have thought of, and ruled out, all of the common and easily treatable conditions that could be causing your issues. Would you say this is a correct statement?

Well I think it might be time for you to take a very difficult, and bold, step to see if you can get some relief.

At this point I think the best thing for you to do would be to gather up copies of all your medical records and travel to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

In the USA, The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the country and I am sure that there is one near you in the U.K.

I know that it is going to take significant effort on your part, but I believe that going to one of the "Medical Mecca's" is your best chance to – finally -- get to the bottom of what is going on.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned the top rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS