DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

2 days ago I noticed a very small whitish spot on my penis.

Customer Question

hi there,2 days ago I noticed a very small whitish spot on my penis. It's the only one of its kind in the area. There is no itching, pain, discomfort or any other symptoms whatsoever. My reason for seeking advice is really for peace of mind because I saw a sex worker 9 and a half weeks ago, and part took in unprotected oral and protected sex. However I got tested at the GU clinic twice after this event and was tested negative for STD's, but I know that these tests don't pick up everything and sometimes it can be weeks before you have symptoms. Or could it possibly be an insect bite? What I also want to know is that with my current partner is it still safe for me to have unprotected sexual activities with this slight problem, or I hope that it is slight anyway. Please see attached pictures. Thank you
Category: Urology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Hello'

It looks like a flat wart, or musclosum.

both are caused by a virus.

The docs office can do a magnified exam and remove it.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok but is it still safe for me to have both unprotected oral and vaginal sex with my partner? In its full erect state and low light the spot is barely visible.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

No

It can be contagious if it is a wart or musculosum.

please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok but dont warts have elavation from the skin? Even flat warts. This spot has no elavation whatsoever, if i put my finger over it, you cant differienciate it.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

You have to have a magnified exam.

It can be a scar as well.

positive rating please.

We are paid per rating only, not for our time spent.

Then come back if needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you one final question, could i have possibly contracted this through unprotected oral sex with s sex worker, bear in mind that event took place 9 and a half weeks from when i first noticed it. Or do you think its just something iv caught by other means? Do you really think this could be a std?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Warts and musculosum are all over the environment.

they can also be sexually transmitted and from skin to skin contact.

OK please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/