Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

My left testicle seems to be a fair bit smaller than my

My left testicle seems to be a fair bit smaller than my right! There's no pain but I did notice it today! Is this normal??
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Is this a sudden finding? Any hard areas in either testicle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well it's kind of sudden kind of not because not long ago At the bottom of my left testicle I found that there is a soft and squishy vein looking lump and it also seems to have a veins coming to it from the back of my testicle! (It's painless) It mainly only visible when my scrotom is saggy! I've been doctors twice now (with 2 different docs) and both didn't notice it and have said nothing is wrong with it! Could it actually be a vein?? My testicle may not have changed it may be in my head! What do you think??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's really beginning to worry me! But I know one testicle is normally bigger than the other! It doesn't seem much smaller then the otherone so could be that I guess??
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

That thing that you are feeling on the bottom of the testicle is a structure called the epididymis. This is where your sperm are stored. This is nothing to be concerned about. Sometimes, men have veins that can be larger on the testicle. This is also nothing to be concerned about. If you have seen doctors already for an examination, then you can be rest a sure that there's nothing abnormal with your testicle. Is all likely in your head. Testicle does not change in size. However, there is a fluid sack around the testicle and sometimes fluctuate in size. This can be normal as well. This helps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks a lot! That really has helped me :) so it is normal for the veins to be seen clearly on the side of one testicle as I'm certain it's not attached to the testicle because when I roll my finger across it the vein type thing seems to fall off and to the back of it! Also my veins are rather visible all over my body so I guess it's just like that in my scrotum?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, it is normal to be able to see the veins only on one side. You may also be feeling the tube that allows the sperm to go to the urinary channel. You can definitely see the veins inside the scrotum. Everything you're describing is completely normal. Hope this helps and please don't forget to leave me a rating. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks a lot! I really appreciate your time! I'll just do your rating for you now, thanks again! It's been a big help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, just a follow up, I can feel to like ball type things at the very bottom of my testicles like just on the point of them! Is this the eppydidemas or however you spell it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ps it is on both the same
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Yes. That is the epididymis

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, I'm getting worried bout everything atm driving me mad