Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I feel better if I am not laying on the back or if I not

Customer Question

I feel better if I am not laying on the back or if I not sitting on a chair. When I feel a pressure on kidneys area then I feel worse.Kidneys are vital organs that remove excess water and cleanse the blood of toxins. When the kidneys fail, waste products and fluid build up in the body, making you feel unwell, gain weight, become breathless, and get swollen hands and feet.Can I know which tests I should do to checl my kidneys please?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 1 year ago.

Renal Function tests include serum creatinine and urine routine examination for proteins and albumin.

These are the standard tests done to check for kidney function.

Cystatin C is done at select centers for the same purpose.

Imaging also plays an important role in checking the kidneys. A basic Ultrasound of the kidneys can give a lot of information about its function and anatomy.

I hope this answers your questions.

Dr.Tharun