Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Please take a look at the photos below. This is been going

Please take a look at the photos below. This is been going on for the last 90 days or so. The meatus is sometimes swollen and the glans is discolored.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 5 months ago.

This looks like a condition called urethritis. Have you had sex with any new partners lately?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I did
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 5 months ago.

Did you get tested for STDs? What were the results?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
all negative including herpes
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 5 months ago.
OK. Then this may be due to a viral infection or it may be an undetected STD. Because you had a high-risk sexual encounter, you need to be treated within an empiric antibiotic including azithromycin and ceftriaxone as well as Flagyl. You need to see your doctor to be started on these antibiotics immediately. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What do you mean undetected std? Such as?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 5 months ago.
It could be ureaplasma, gonorrhea, chlamydia, trichomonas as the most likely causes of urethritis. The STD testing that you had done is not 100% accurate and it may have just missed your infection.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't have any discharge.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Wil my urologist be able to test for urea plasma?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 5 months ago.
A urologist can yes for ureaplasma
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 5 months ago.
Sorry. Yes=test
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The meatus isn't always red. Only after sex. These symptoms come and go. In the morning it looks normal and towards the end of the day occasionally the Meatus and glans gets irritated.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I just took these. Notice the photo with the profile of the glans. Seems like it has a "bump" in the middle. I didn't have that before.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 5 months ago.

That bump is from the inflammation from the urethritis. You need to go get tested for all STDs again and be tested empirically for them as well.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I will get tested again. What would you be inclined to think it was specifically? I was tested for herpes 90 days from my last sexual encounter. Could it be herpes?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 5 months ago.
Herpes is not likely. This may be ureaplasma or gonorrhea or chlamydia
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Understood. Even without any discharge?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 5 months ago.
Correct
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can it be NGU as well?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 5 months ago.
That would include things like chlamydia and ureaplasma
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience: Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have an appointment with a dermatologist today and a urologist next week.