Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I have all the symptoms of a uti without the infection.. Had

I have all the symptoms of a uti without the infection.. Had so many antibiotics and anti spasm drugs.. Nothing works for long
Is this the condition they call IC
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 10 months ago.

Can you explain exactly what your symptoms are?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Feeling like I need to pee even though I just have..
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 10 months ago.
No, this is not interstitial cystitis. Your symptoms are consistent with bladder spasms due to a condition called overactive bladder. Your doctor needs to consider starting you want to medication such as oxybutynin which is designed to stop the spasms. You need to discuss this with your urologist or primary care doctor. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
uncomfortable all the time have been on one a day antibiotics for nearly a year and another drug called tolterodine tartrate... But it's stopped working recently
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 10 months ago.
Tolterodine is in the same class as oxybutynin. Our Doctor should consider switching you to something else such as darefenacin or mirabegron for your condition.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Have had mirabegron it didn't really help
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Have read about emiron but I don't think you can get it in the UK
..do you think emiron would be my answer
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 10 months ago.
No. Elm iron would only help of you truly have IC. Your doctor would need to this condition on my doing cystoscopy with the bladder biopsy. If none of the oral medications are working, then you may need to consider Botox injections into the bladder.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Had a cystoscopy in January this year and my bladder was clear of any infection
Does both cure it or only help for a while
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Botox.. Does it cure it or only help the symptoms for a while
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 10 months ago.
It is a temporary medication that wears off every 6 months or so and had to be readministered.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Does it have to be administered under anaesthetic
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I appear to have got cut off from our chat earlier..
Are you still on line... Just wanted that last question answered please
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 10 months ago.

It depends on the training of your doctor. It can be done under local anesthetic in the office if your doctor knows how. Otherwise, it should be done under anesthetic in the operating room as a minor procedure.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your help
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 10 months ago.

You're welcome. Please don't forget to leave me a rating. Thanks.

Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience: Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Have left 5stars