Dr. David
Dr. David, Physician Experienced in Urology
Experience:  Board Certified Physician with extensive experience in Urology
41363181

Why do i sometimes get bright red blood on toilet paper

Customer Question

why do i sometimes get bright red blood on toilet paper after going to toilet, sometimes this happens, sometimes not, can go days or weeks without it and then days of it constantly happening. at times not painful, other times very painful and i need to go back to toilet to clean self from feces and/or blood. Sometimes have to go back to toilet to clean self even though thought had cleaned self from feces. seem to get it more often when travel on plane when i get trapped wind on occasions, although can get trapped wind anytime. sometimes can be a lot of blood and painful to wipe other times a little spot of it.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

most likely you are having hemorrhoid bleeding causing this bright red blood on the toilet paper with wiping.

hard constipation can cause bleeding from hemorrhoids.

sitting down for a long period of time can inflame hemorrhoids

eating more fiber and getting more exercise can help hemorrhoids

you may need steroid creams and stool softeners to help hemorrhoids.

for bad bleeding hemorrhoids, sometimes hemorrhoid surgeries may be needed.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com