Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I have got a very mild pain/discomfort in/around my

Customer Question

I have got a very mild pain/discomfort in/around my testicles which comes and goes through the day. I had unprotected sex a week and a half before the symptoms first appeared. I have inspected my testicles and there does not appear to be any swelling or redness and I have no other symptoms. Is this likely to be epididymitis caused by an STI? Or would you normally expect symptoms for epididymitis to come on later?
Category: Urology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer. I would be happy to help you via a phone consult.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Apologies, I clicked that button by mistake. I was hoping for a written reply.An update on the above. I have been to see my doctor, who has examined me and has said there is no sign of inflammation which would be a sign of epididymitis. She said my discomfort is likely nothing more than stress, but I am still worried it is an std.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Did they do a urine culture? Do yo have discharge from the penis?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I have no other symptoms. I have gone to a sexual health clinic separately, and I am awaiting results
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Well your symptoms could either be related to epididymitis or an STD. However, STDs can cause epididymitis and this is why you definitely need to be tested for all STDs to make sure you have not contracted one. A urine infection can also cause epididymitis and this is why you need a urine culture as well. Hope this helps.