Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Is it normal to feel a pea sized lump at the very base of

Is it normal to feel a pea sized lump at the very base of penis?My GP has felt this, and said it is a normal part of the structure of the penis and ruled out peyronies, yet after researching for countless hours online, nobody has mentioned something similar to what I feel - I even asked my father If he has the same issue - he checked and he said he didn't. I have also looked at the anatomy of the penis and I still can't pinpoint what I'm feeling.If squeeze my penis at the very base (perhaps even further down) when flaccid I can feel a small lump/pea sized mass.• It is not soft, not ROCK solid, but pretty hard when I squeeze it.
• It feels as if it located just off the middle of inside the penis.
• It can be felt easiest with thumb pressed on top of shaft and index finger underneath while squeezing
• It is not visible to the naked eye
• I have noticed this for approx 2 years
• Occasionally my penis hourglasses after urinating.Would greatly appreciate your help.Many thanks
Ben
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 5 months ago.

If it is visible can you please post a picture here for me to have a look at.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My question states it is not visible.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 5 months ago.

The most likely cause of this tiny lump is a cyst under the skin that is causing your lump.

This does not seem likely to be anything serious or anything to worry about.

Does not sound like any STD.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for your reply. Apart from a cyst is there anything else this could be? It is not particularly round, feels roughly 1cm long and feels like a knot.If it is most likely a cyst then why have I had it for roughly 2 years?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 5 months ago.

The other possibility is that it could be a tiny lipoma under the skin which may not be particularly round like you mention and this can last for years and years without causing any symptoms.

Let me know if you have more questions.
Please do submit a rating when you are done.
Kindest regards

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
If it was a tiny lipoma, how would it be treated? would I need surgery? Thanks
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 5 months ago.

Yes the only way to have the lipoma cured would be to have this removed by a very small surgical procedure, which is what I would recommend doing actually.

Can you please rate me before we proceed.

You can continue asking questions even after you rate me.

Dr. SH, Physician
Experience: Doctor of Medicine
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Okay thanks, ***** ***** lipoma is positioned in the very center of the penis shaft then what complications if any would arise from surgery? Is it a simple procedure?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 5 months ago.

It is a simple surgery.

Will not cause any complications.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for your help