Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience:  MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.
8708167

I have found some extra skin not on the top of my penis but

Hi There I have found some extra skin not on the top of my penis but on the inside skin around the top of the penis
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 1 year ago.

HI

These look like genital warts mostly caused by HPV - human papilloma virus. It is sexually transmitted disease. They are self limiting. However there is no cure or medications to get rid of it.The excess skin growth can be either removed with various measures like cautery, excision, cryosurgery ,laser ablation or managed with ointments.

You have to see your doctor to confirm the diagnosis and discuss the required treatment.

I hope this helps you

Dr.Tharun

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What ointments should I get and is there a way of getting rid of it without going to the doctor as it is embarrassing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you think it will go off its own accord and how long do you think it will take
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 1 year ago.

HI

It is never embarrassing to go to a doctor ; whatever the issue is.That is what doctors are for.

These are prescription ointments which can be given by a doctor only.

Some warts(smaller ones) go away of their own , may be within 12- 16 weeks. If it doesn't then treatment has to be taken.

Dr.Tharun

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much Doctor I really appreciate your time and your advise,.