Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

For the past month i have noticed a dry skin patchbon my

Hi there,For the past month i have noticed a dry skin patchbon my penis. After masturbation or sex it will go slightly more red, then a day later it will scab get brown, but it doesnt seem to be healing in its entirety. I have had penis rashes on and off for 10 years now and i dont know if its allergy, sensivity or what. There is no pain, itching or any other symptoms whatsoever. Can you please confirm if i am ok to proceed with unprotected sexual activities with my committed partner? Please see images.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 10 months ago.
Does this seem to get worse when you wear condoms?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Not necessarily. I havent noticed a correlation between this and condoms. Im thinking could it be washing detergent? I highly doubt its std although correct me if i am wrong because i started getting penis rashes before i started having sex. I just cant figure it out. Iv had 2 std checks within last 4 months and im completely negative.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 10 months ago.

This looks like it may be a fungal infection of the skin. I would recommend you see a urologist for an exam to see if you should be started on a medication such as betamethasone with Clotrimazole to clear the inflammation or fungal infection. Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
But can i still have unprotected oral and vaginal sex?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 10 months ago.

It would be best to get this treated first. You can have protected sex with a condom until you are seen by a urologist to prescribe this.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok how sure are you this is fungal? Are you certain? Iv seen pictures of fungal infections on google and this doesnt look the same? Unless its a milder version.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 10 months ago.

Without being able to do formal testing on the area, I can't be sure that this is a fungal infection or not. But it really does not look like anything else. It could just be an early fungal infection. In this type of scenario, it is calm and just to treat this as a fungal infection with medication designed to treat A fungal infection to see if it responds. Hope this helps and please don't forget to leave me a rating. Thanks.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok thank you just one final question then ill be on my way. What is causing this? Why do i keep getting it? U think its from dirty underwear, shaving foam, detergent, what can it be? I wash everyday.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 10 months ago.

It can be from diabetes, being uncircumcised, or it can happen from no reason at all. It is not from being dirty.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok thank you for your advice.