Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

What causes retarded ejaculation at times, other times it

What causes retarded ejaculation at times, other times it can be normal.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 4 months ago.
How old are you? Do you take any medications?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 4 months ago.
Did you get my questions?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
58, and I take medication for Blood Pressure, comprising Aspirin 75mg, Atorvastatin 10mg, Ramipril 10mg, Atenolol 75mg and Amlodipine 5mg, and have been on all these for over 5 years, and probably 15 years on the Atenolol and Ramipril. Thanks for your reply, and do please look forward to high recognition of your comments herein!
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 4 months ago.

Are you saying that you can have an orgasm, but just have problems having semen come out (ejaculating) on occasion?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
semen always comes out. 40% of the time it spurts out like it always did (although not as far - acceptable with age probably), and now sometimes I have no feeling of it coming out, yet, when I move my hand over the penis, its wet from the cum.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 4 months ago.
Do you have any problems with weakness of your urine stream? Have you had any surgery were a cystoscope was placed in the urethra or a catheter was placed in the urethra?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** never had surgery for anything in my life to date. I had a scope (through the penis) about 3 years ago, whereby Doctors checked my "waterworks" and bladder for any problems, and everything was ok.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 4 months ago.

Have you had your testosterone level checked?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No, I don't think so - where can one get that test done? What does it involve? You are asking me enough questions!!!
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 4 months ago.
These are all the questions that I would ask you if you were to show up in my clinic. Problems with volume of your ejaculation can be multi-factorial. It could be due to low hormone such as low testosterone levels or it could be due to some blockage in the urethra such as with a urethral stricture. I would recommend that you see a urologist to consider checking your testosterone levels to see if they are low. The thing you need to understand is that going through an extensive evaluation for low semen volume is typically only done for men who are having problems with fertility. If you're not having problems conceiving a child, then going through this extensive of evaluation to figure out why you don't have normal amount of semen is not worth the cost nor the hassle of the evaluation. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Could the mention you've made about "blockage in the urethra such as with a urethral stricture" be brought on from being seriously over weight? Also, is the lack of circumcision likely to have any effect. Is it too late or advisable to become circumcised at this age?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 4 months ago.

No, being overweight would not lead to a urethral stricture. However, if the foreskin is too tight, this can lead to problems with blockage of urine flow. It is never too late to do a circumcision of the foreskin is the problem. You will need to see a urologist to see if you may benefit from a circumcision.

Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience: Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok, thanks for the information. I have no problem with urine release, seems similar to ever. Its only the ejaculation at times, which does not spurt out.