Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

My urine flow is very slow. Its dribbling when i wake up for

Customer Question

My urine flow is very slow. Its dribbling when i wake up for a pee in the night with an erection. GP prescribed antibiotic trimeprothin for a uti as i was unwell with migraine too. Head ache and illness better but urine flow still really slow. Any other possible causes. I usually have a really strong floe
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Did they do a prostate exam to see if the prostate is swollen?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Your symptoms sound consistent with a medical condition called prostatitis which is inflammation and infection of the prostate due to a urine infection. Your doctor needs to follow up on the results of your urine culture to determine if your antibiotics is the correct one to treat this. You may need 4 to 6 weeks of antibiotic therapy to clear this infection. They can also prescribe a medication called tamsulosin to relax the prostate to help improve your urine flow while the infection is being treated. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could it be aggrivated by cycling. I do it a lot. I dont have pain when cycling though
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Yes. Cycling can make it worse. You should not cycle for the next 4 weeks or so to let the prostate infection and inflammation clear up (assuming you truly have prostatitis).

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Please don't forget to leave me a rating. Thanks!