Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

About 21/2 - 3 years ago I had a couple of urine infections

Customer Question

Hi about 21/2 - 3 years ago I had a couple of urine infections and then had a few urine tests that continued to show microscopic amounts of blood in my urine . Subsequently I had an ultrasound of my bladder and kidneys which were all clear . Since then I have had no symptoms but have not checked if there is still blood in my urine as my urologist assured me that the chances of there being any thing worrying were very low , less than 1% and that menopausal women often have blood in their urine . Am I right in assuming that if there had been anything wrong at that time 2-3 years ago it would have progressed by now and I would have other symptoms ? I do not want to have any unwarranted tests as I suffer from extreme health anxiety which is triggered by tests . The only reason I am thinking about it again is my sister in law had just had a cytoscopy for the blood in her urine and it has made me think about it again. My urologist said that a cytoscopy was not necessary . Please can you reassure me . Thank you . Just to be clear I have no symptoms ( no visible blood ) but have not had a urine test . Many thanks
Category: Urology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thinking again I saw 3 urologist all of whom did not think I needed a cytoscopy , and I had at least 2 ultrasounds ( one was internal I think ) I think the levels of blood were extremely small ... Should I just forget about it unless there is any symptoms like visible blood ... Hoping I can move on and not worry ! Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have just seen my doctor who tock a urine sample and there was no blood or any abnormalities so I am not worried any more thank you . I no longer need advice
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

If we can provide any assistance, please let us know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
close
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please close question thankyou

OK