Dr. David
Dr. David, Physician Experienced in Urology
Experience:  Board Certified Physician with extensive experience in Urology
41363181

About a year ago I made a very stupid mistake of burning a

Customer Question

About a year ago I made a very stupid mistake of burning a birth mark on my penis glans, and ever since I have had issues. (I am circumcised by the way)
It healed fine for a while although it was slightly depressed compared to the rest of the glans, other than that everything looked normal. However one day after a shower I suddenly noticed my entire penis became wrinkled including the head. I tried moisturising it, leaving it alone, Vaseline, washing it, keeping it covered with cling film, but nothing helped, and eventually I tried hydrocortisone creme which made it worse and made me get pearly penile papules and stretch marks . So I went to the dermatologist who suggested fractionated co2 laser treatment, but only on the scar as a test patch, which was fine but he put Emla for a whole hour, covered in cling film, which gave me purple bruises on it till this day (1 month after)
This is a disaster, my penis looks 100 years old and it has ruined my life for good. Please can you give some advice?
The way I think would work would be
1. Presciription Retin A for wrinkles and skin lightening cream for bruises
2. Laser treatment for papules
3. Scar revision for burn since laser all over the glans seems too risky. (Scar tissue Looks whiter when erect)
I really think there is no hope
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 months ago.

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

do you have a pic?

Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 months ago.

Could you attach a picture?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please can you only answer if you specialise in urology / dermatology and have a solution, thanks.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 months ago.

This is Dr. David

we need to see the extent of the wrinkling skin changes on your penis

how old are you?

have you had your blood testosterone and estrogen levels checked?

low testosterone and high estrogen levels can affect the size of your penis

also excessive alcohol use can cause increased blood estrogen levels in your body and can cause weight gain and shrinkage of your penis which can cause more wrinkling.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I had my testosterone tested and it was normal. I am borderline HGH deficient though and grew up on hgh injections until age 16, it's been getting worse since discontinuing. I'm 23 now
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
But anyway my penis is beyond repair now with all the issues I mentioned
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I did smoke and that made it worse too for about a month about 5 a day and recently quit
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The Emla the doctor used also made my penis darker and more wrinkled, kind of like bruising, it appeared on the same day, I read Emla shouldn't be used for more than 15 minutes on the penis

Emla cream is a local anesthetic (numbing medication) containing lidocaine and prilocaine

that makes no sense that your doctor gave you a numbing cream for your penis for scar tissue

you may benefit from Mederma scar reducing creams.

http://www.mederma.com/products/advanced-scar-gel

these are creams used to reduce scar tissue.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No he put it on for the laser treatment, sadly he put it all over the penis instead of just on the scar. And for a whole hour
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Now the glans is purple even a month later
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This is a very complex issue involving many mistakes, I need someone with a lot of patience to help me figure this out. Otherwise my life is over

it was not the elma cream which caused the problem.

it was the skin laser therapy which caused scar tissue.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no I don't think you understand or read fully
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am not stupid you know, he did not treat the entire penis with the laser only the pre existing small scar. He did treat fully with Emla
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it has to be Emla since the whole glans is purple (a listed side effect of Emla)