wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

In the last 4 months I've developed worsening discomfort

Customer Question

In the last 4 months I've developed worsening discomfort around what I think is my bladder and my abdomen from my belly button downwards. I had a tummy tuck done in January, recovered well, and had no symptoms until end of May.I thought I was getting a UTI, I wasn't. Urine samples all negative bar one which was sent to lab and grew some EBSL, but very little. I had a white cell count of 2! - i.e. nothing. Cystoscope done - 'perfect bladder wall'. Fast forward to today and the discomfort just gets continually worse. My belly button hurts and I feel like someone is standing on my abdomen. The best way I can describe it is if you've ever cleaned out your belly button with a q-tip/cotton bud and you go in too far and get this funny "need to pee" type feeling - I have that all the time, from navel to bladder to urethra. Sometimes the navel discomfort is worse than bladder or urethra, or sometimes one of the other areas is worse. I tried going for a very gentle jog the other day and it's almost like I could feel my bladder when I was jogging, in a discomforting way. I've noticed as this developed that my need to pee sensation has changed. I still know when I need to go, but it's a different sensation - sharper maybe.What is really strange is that when my bowels are full, the bladder discomfort decreases to the point where I can run around the house and do jumping jacks and I only feel the discomfort a little. I don't understand this at all, can anyone explain?One thing to mention - I am 34 but I've been in menopause for many years. I had queried the position of my uterus versus my bladder on my MRI scan as it is anteflexed and anteverted, and from a laymans perspective looked like it was sitting on my bladder and squishing it a bit. However, my gynae who is a bladder expert and who has many years of experience said that my uterus actually just looks like a teenagers - not yet estrongenised, and she doesn't think this is the cause.I am due to see a different plastic surgeon from the one who did my tummy tuck - she has been evasive and dismissive. This independent evaluation was recommended and organised by my pain specialist who saw me first last week. He is also arranging a laparoscopy, and he wants to do a pudendal nerve test and block if nerve reacts. I am not sure this is the problem. My gynae has said she doesn't think there is anything wrong with the internal bladder, but something is affecting it externally. I complained of urethral discomfort and a big 'pulling wave' sensation as I finish peeing. Incidentally I am emptying my bladder successfully - ultrasound tests done pre and post voiding.Sorry for the jumbled up information, don't want to miss anything important out - but I've no idea what is of importance anymore!Thank you
Category: Urology
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 2 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Shantal,I haven't found an answer to my question yet. I'd only like to consider answers from those who are registered urologists, gynaecologists or plastic surgeons with tummy tuck experience.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Dr. RickAre you primarily a qualified urologist, gynae or registered plastic surgeon with abdominoplasty experience?Thanks
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 month ago.

I am a surgeon and would be happy to assist you if you would like.
If you would rather continue to wait until a physician with the specific qualifications you stated above I would be happy to opt out.

Let me know what would work best for you.

I look forward to your reply.