GuptaMD
GuptaMD, Dr
Experience:  MD. Experienced in Pediatric Urology and Nephrology
239748

Me and my partner are trying to conceive for about a year

Customer Question

Me and my partner are trying to conceive for about a year with no results.
In mid of September my partner done semen analysis. Results as follow:Abstinence: 3 daysPARAMETERSVolume: 5.40 ml Ref limit >=1.5
ph: 8.00 Ref limit >=7.2
concentration: 18.00 M/ml Ref limit >=15
total count: 97.20 M per ejaculate Ref limit >39
Motility
A 0.0%
B 22.00% Ref limit A+B >= 32
C 14.00%
D 64.00%
Normal Morphology: 2% Ref limit >=4
Round cells <1.0 Ref limit <1Interpretive comments and recommendationsLow motility and high abnormal forms in accordance with the WHO 2010 reference limits. This results partially confirms the findings from the previous analysis (from mid of June - not provided to us ) and is indicative of sub-fertility.I would like to know if will be possible to conceive naturally with that results? Or better way is IUI or IVF?
Is there any chance to improve semen parameters? Vitamins supplementation will be helpful or it is waste of time?I would like to mention that from my side everything is ok. All hormones levels are good, ovulation is correct.I will be very grateful for any advice in that matter.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Urology
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My partner is 36 and has 15 years old child from previous relationship.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 month ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Expert:  GuptaMD replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry to hear about your problems,

Assuming that there is no other problems, you could be best served by IUI, which will have a success rate of 30-40 % in the next 3-4 cycles.

It is the least invasive procedure, with a good chance of success. Supplements have a limited role, that is not scientifically proven,

Warm regards