Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I had a blood test early this morning at 8.30am to check

Customer Question

I had a blood test early this morning at 8.30am to check for Syphilis, Hepatitis and HIV.I just went back to the hospital at 11.30am and the doctor provided results Syphilis and Hepatitis which were all clear.However he said he didn't have the HIV results yet as it will take longer into this afternoon so I will need to come back tomorrow for the result.Is this normal? I am worried about HIV out of all them.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 9 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 9 months ago.

Hiv testing takes about 2 days It is not abnormal and you should not worry. The other testing is a one day turn around.