Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I had sex 8 days ago with a sex worker and used a condom,

Customer Question

I had sex 8 days ago with a sex worker and used a condom, however I received oral sex and never used a condom. I have had some Urethitis/Chylamdia/gonorrhea type symptoms which I was given meds for, so I was recommended to take a HIV/Syphillis/Hepatitis test.All tests came back negative, and the HIV test came back negative for both antibodies and antigen.The doctor said it's unlikely based on this result that I have HIV, however when reading online it says you normally can't detect until 4 weeks? What do you think of this type of testing - I'm still a bit worried I could of contracted HIV?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 month ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.