Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General Practice
Experience:  Years of experience with general surgery and urgent care
18722459

My husband has had a catheter in for 2 weeks after chronic

Customer Question

My husband has had a catheter in for 2 weeks after chronic urine retention, he is told he has grit in kidney and bladder. He has been fine but this morning passed blood and grit. Is this ok, he is on a tablet that relaxes muscles round uretha.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I'm Dr Chip and I just now got your question

This is fine--it's to be expected with an indwelling catheter and nothing serious at all

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** having the catheter removed on Thursday, so hopefully all systems will be working when this happens!Many thanks
Wendy
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

My pleasure but please remember to rate my service to you