Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. FCPS (R) General Surgery and Traumatology. 5 years experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have had OAB treatment for 20 years, for the last year

Customer Question

I have had OAB treatment for 20 years, for the last year with Mirabegron. I was also diagnosed with BPH 7 years ago and given Tamsulosin and Finasteride. Due to increased urine retention I was advised this year to have the TURP operation, which has been performed successfully. My GP has now removed the above three drugs from my repeat prescriptions. Please advise whether I could or possibly should not continue with any of these, especially Finasteride to inhibit further growth of the prostate
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 months ago.
You do not need to take any of these medications now since your prostrate size is back to normal after surgery. Fanisteride is mainly given preoperatively to decrease the bleeding associated with the surgery so no need to continue the drug as far as you do not have bleeding any more.Hope this helps.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.Regards.