Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I'm a 32 year old female. I've had a feeling of discomfort

Customer Question

Hello. I'm a 32 year old female. I've had a feeling of discomfort and pain after urinating for the last few weeks. I have had this many times before, lasting from one or two days up to a few months. I don't really have any problems urinating, as I tend to drink a lot of water and tea throughout the day, and I don't really have discomfort while urinating - it is immediately after stopping that I get a slight burning pain that lasts at least half an hour, often until the next time I go to the toilet. The pain is not in my bladder - it is only at the opening and just inside of the urethra. I do however have an uncomfortable feeling in my bladder - not the need to pee, but more of a swollen or bloated feeling, that doesn't allow me to pull in my stomach muscles. I have seen a doctor about these symptoms before, about 4 years ago. I gave a sample and no infection was found, and in the end the doctor attributed it to stress as I had recently lost my mother. I'm skeptical about putting it down to stress though, as that was not the first time I'd had the symptoms, nor the last, and I generally don't have much stress in my life. I was also prescribed a fungal cream but that did not make a difference.
The symptoms I have are different from when I have had a UTI in the past. I have had UTIs and cystitis which have left me crying in pain and unable to leave the house - once so severe that I had to go to A&E in the middle of the night because I could feel my kidneys throbbing. I have not had an infection like that in about 8 years, but the symptoms I currently have have been coming and going for as long as I can remember and so I am worried because it seems to be a chronic problem.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 12 days ago.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I can wait, thank you. I also want to explain that when I said in the question that the discomfort doesn't allow me to pull in my stomach muscles, I didn't mean that I'm unable to do this - just that it's very uncomfortable to do so. I'd also like to add that these symptoms are not usually there when I wake up in the morning, but develop throughout the day.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 11 days ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

what have you tried so far to treat this issue?

Do you leak urine at all?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.