Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  Specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Left testicle badly swollen and causing severe pain. No

Customer Question

Left testicle badly swollen and causing severe pain. No temperature, not STD, 20 years ago had testicular cyst removed, no problems since but pain is after three days really severe and I cannot move about. I am 71 and BUPA covered
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 4 months ago.

How long has it been swollen for?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
three days but more each day
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
where are you talking from?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 4 months ago.

I am from the United States.

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 4 months ago.

Swelling that is acute in nature is due to an infection. You most likely have a condition called orchitis. This originates from a urinary tract infection. You need to get into see your doctor for an examination and a urine culture and you will almost certainly need to be started on antibiotics to treat this. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hmmm
I used Just answer UK because i hoped to be able to visit a surgeon near me....
If you have any useful advice for a person in UK please go ahead...
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Surprising as its only one testicle and there is no temperature and I have no sexual contact at all?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 4 months ago.

It is very typical for this to only occur in one testicle. At your age, these types of infections are typically not due to sexual transmission. They are due to urinary tract infections which are probably from not being able to empty your bladder completely. You will need to see a urologist to do a bladder ultrasound determine if incomplete bladder emptying is the root cause of the problem.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks Cheerio
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 4 months ago.
You're welcome. Please don't forget to leave me a rating. Thanks!