Dr. David
Dr. David, Physician Experienced in Urology
Experience:  Board Certified Physician with extensive experience in Urology
41363181

Testicle pain, pain while sitting, reduced ejaculation

Customer Question

Testicle pain, pain while sitting, reduced ejaculation amount by 70 percent.
I am a 23 year old male.
I think I washed during the shower too vigorously my groin/testicle area which may have made my hand hit the groin area and a crunchish feeling happened I think above the right testicle. I didn’t notice any pain at the time when I was sitting down or after that.
The next day after masturbation and ejaculation I noticed a pain
The pain is right testicle area, possibly above the testicle, or around the testicle
The pain happens when sitting down on a chair, it is a constant mild-moderate ache pain in that area. Sometimes I think if I get aroused it hurts in/around testicle area too.
If I lay down in the way that does not put any pressure on the testicle then there is not pain, or if I walk generally there is not much pain.
I have noticed that the amount of sperm I produce when I ejaculate has reduced significantly, about 70 percent less.
The symptoms have been happening since almost 4 weeks and have improved a little bit but the pain is still there.
My right testicle is higher than the left one, but this might have been like this before the incident I am not sure.
I have been feeling tired lately, does this mean my testosterone levels have been lowered due to this?
Has my masturbation/ejaculation been affecting the healing of it? And if I stop will it heal?
What could this be?
Will it heal on it’s own or do I need to urgently see a urologist?
What should I do?
Will there be permanent damage to me and amount of sperm produced?
Will this also affect my testosterone levels in the body?
Thank you very much
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

First of all you should reduce your anxiety level as it is an acute traumatic injury which is minor and an inflammatory process occurs due to which you have these symptoms. Nothing of your symptoms are permanent and it do not cause reduction in testosterone or your sexual health in future. Since its already been 4 weeks and you still have symptoms i would recommend you to get this examined by your doctor to rule out any hematoma that is collection of blood or secondary infection to be on safe side. Avoid masturbation for sometime to give rest to the testicle so that it can heal quick. Wear a scrotal support and do not get worried. Apply ibuprofen gel over the painful area and try to avoid putting pressure on it.

Hope this helps.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Dr Uzair,
Why has there been a 70 percent reduction is ejaculation semen amount and the mechanism for this, and does this not mean that testosterone production has been reduced if sperm count has reduced? I have been feeling tired recently is that connected?Why has it lasted for for 4 weeks and not improved? And how long will it take to improve?
Is there any alternative I can use to scrotal support e.g brief underwear?
What will the symptoms suggesting hemtoma be?Thanks Dr Uzair
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

If you think you have a reduction in ejaculate, low energy and reduced libido, then you might have low testosterone not related to the recent trivial injury. You should have your Testosterone levels checked if this is the case.

The event you mention in the shower was too minor to have caused any permanent damage to the testis.

Traumatic events like this have nothing whatsoever to do with testosterone production.

The best course of action here is to schedule an appointment with your doctor and get the necessary labs done to rule out low testosterone and for your own peace of mind as well.

Hope this helps.

Have a good one!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When I was washing in the shower I moved my hand very fast, and it made the point my middle finger hit the testicle area/something around the testicle area, I felt a crunch feeling, and It happened with a lot of force and a concentrated area due to the finger being small area.This issue of reduced ejaculation has never happened before and only happened immediately after the injury, along with the tiredness coming a few weeks after it happened. And this pain, so therefore has been an injury due to this.Why is there less ejaculation volume? Does this mean the testicle has been damaged and producing less testereone and therefore less semen value? Or does it mean a pipe has been injured and therefore not carrying it?Does testicle not produced testerone and any injury there stop testereone production?Why has it lasted for for 4 weeks and not improved? And how long will it take to improve?
Is there any alternative I can use to scrotal support e.g brief underwear?Thanks
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 month ago.

Please accept additional services or rate the answer for further conversation.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please provide answer to my questions I asked
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 month ago.

If you want to proceed with additional queries, I'll be happy to assist. But you will need to either accept the additional services offer or leave a positive rating for the previous answer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sir, I can leave a positive rating when my answer has been given fully
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 month ago.

I am going to opt out to see if other experts can help you out with your queries. Please do not reply back as that will lock your question back to me.

Have a good day!

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

This is Dr. David

I see the other expert has opted out

I am sorry you washed too vigorously

this can cause some temporary soreness of your testicle

but it would not reduce your ejaculate volume

prior masturvation and sexual activity would reduce your prior ejaculate volume

when was the last time you masturbated.

do you have bad anxiety symptoms? bad anxiety symptoms can make you worried about this

it is 100% normal for one testicle to be higher than the other

your cremaster muscles adjust the height of your testicle to help regulate temperature.

your body can help on its own

you don't have to worry. let me know if you have questions.