Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. FCPS (R) General Surgery and Traumatology. 5 years experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Nephrology/renal. My GFR has suddenly dropped from a steady

Customer Question

Nephrology/renal. My GFR has suddenly dropped from a steady 66 to 36. My lithium and thyroid levels have shot up and lithium is above the upper limit. Previously, both levels have been within limits. I have started to experience some breathlessness and tiredness. Five weeks ago I had a bowel resection for cancer. All the cancer was removed, with no mets, and I am making a good, uncomplicated recovery. Do I need to see a specialist urgently, in order to prevent further/irreversible kidney damage? I have been offered an appointment in 7 weeks.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 month ago.

The drop in GFR is significant and you are symptomatic that is experiencing breathlessness as well as high lithium so i would recommend you to make an urgent appointment to followup with your doctor rather than waiting 7 weeks.

Hope this helps.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars on top of the screen..

Best wishes.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 month ago.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.