Dr. David
Dr. David, Physician Experienced in Urology
Experience:  Board Certified Physician with extensive experience in Urology
41363181

I had my left kidney removed 18 months ago after a previous

Customer Question

I had my left kidney removed 18 months ago after a previous failed attempt to release a pinched urethra that caused a blockage and my kidney started to fail. For about 6 months now I have been getting a pain that is the same that prompted my original diagnosis. Should I go for an ultrasound?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 28 days ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 28 days ago.

yes, you should see your GP doctor and get an ultrasound and IVP (intravenous pyelogram) of your kidney to check if blood is flowing properly to your kidney

you should get blood testing as well of BUN and creatinine to make sure your kidneys are functioning properly

let me know if you have questions.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Thank you. Although my kidney us no longer there. Wondering why I would get pain?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 28 days ago.

prior surgery in the area can cause scar tissue and sometimes even phantom nerve pains causing pain.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Thank you. I shall get it checked further.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 28 days ago.

you are welcome

thanks for using JustAnswer.com