wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I had a latest blood test results come back, everything

Customer Question

I had a latest blood test results come back, everything normal apart from my renal profile, my creatinine is 144 umol/L and urea is high at 8.3
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Urology
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
1
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
2
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
3
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 month ago.

What is your question?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I’d like to know what could cause my serum creatinine and urea to be high, I’ve sent pictures
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No I don’t have any medical problems or take and medication
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Are you there?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 month ago.

At this point I'd not worry about those results.

Your doctor will recheck them in a bit if needed.

Does this make sense to you

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
But what can those results mean?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Are you there
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 month ago.

Sorry, I had clinic all day today.....

Thank you for that additional information.

At this point they don't mean anything. It may mean that you have been dehydrated or it may mean that you are having kidney problems or it may just be a lab error.

So. What should be done?

Your doctor will recheck these values in the near future and compare the results to these. If there are still abnormal then further testing, such as an ultrasound ect or possibly a consultation with a nephrologist may be indicated.

But at this time you should not freak out...... :)

Make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I feel healthy though,I went to the doctor as I had increase thirst and nausea, I feel back to my normal self now and the thirst has decreased, Im worried as the paperwork says something about kidney disease stage 3 and I realise certain diseases have to cause kidney disease, what would these diseases be?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I didn’t eat before the blood work, could that cause the higher results?