How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Lawyer
Category: US Law
Satisfied Customers: 36
Experience:  Counselor at Law. Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your US Law Question Here...
Ely is online now

I was convicted of indecent exposure 10 years ago, my

Customer Question

I was convicted of indecent exposure 10 years ago, my conviction expires
in June. I am travelling to South America via New York, transit. Will my ESTA
application be turned down. Is this offence moral turpitude. Can a criminal record
UK be accessed by the US government.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: US Law
Expert:  Alice H replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer.
My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help with your question today.
When are you planning to take this trip?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have booked a flight to Lima in South America via New York

on September 2nd. 2013. My conviction expires in June. I do not

want the ordeal of a B2 visa. I would like to know what information

the USA has on me. And what are the odds that it will be rejected.

I hope to be flying there with a friend. This is a violation of my human

rights. As I was not aware of this before I bought the ticket. I have a

State Pension and cannot afford any Legal action. I will be saying no

to all the questions as my conviction has expired.September is a long

time to wait for an answer.

Expert:  Alice H replied 4 years ago.
I've asked customer services to refer you to a US lawyer.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Referring me to a US lawyer has not answered my question, this will be ok if this does not involve extra cost.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your efforts, I have been to the Citizens Advice Bureau,
and have decided to apply using the ESTA application form and

await the results, as I can apply any time at my Convenience. And

will plan any travels abroad on the response. I do not wish to prolong the agony, nor the trouble of applying for a B2 Visa and awaiting the results.

I am happy with this.

Do not continue your search, and cancel this question.

Kind regards


Related US Law Questions