Ely
Ely, Lawyer
Experience:  Counselor at Law. Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am a widower of a USC and was married for 25 years. I want

Customer Question

I am a widower of a USC and was married for 25 years. I want apply for permanent residency, and just wanted to know how long it takes to process. Can it be done in a matter of weeks? Thanks
Category: US Law
Expert:  UKVisas replied 4 years ago.
USC? Do you mean US Citizen?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes I do sorry

Expert:  UKVisas replied 4 years ago.
You have asked in the UK section. I presume you are looking to apply for Permanent Residence in the US?
Expert:  UKVisas replied 4 years ago.
You need to answer the question I have asked if you want assistance. If your question was in the wrong section then let me know and I will put it in the correct section so you can get the assistance that you need.
Expert:  Guillermo Senmartin replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name is Guillermo Senmartin and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. I just ask for two things: 1) Before you sign off, please remember to rate me positively as that is the only way that I am paid and your question does not close after you rate me so I can still answer additional questions without additional charge if you have follow-ups even weeks or months later; and, 2) IF I have bad news for you, please remember I am only the messenger. When you rate me, it is my service to you that you rate, not whether the news is good or bad. I will try my best to give you a solution, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

My condolences. When did your USC spouse pass away? Where are you at this present time? If you are in the U.S., what visa did you use to enter and how long have you been in the U.S.?