Ely
Ely, Lawyer
Experience:  Counselor at Law. Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Hi, I am a UK resident and was married to an American citizen,

Customer Question

I am a UK resident and was married to an American citizen, we have a son who is now 4 and living in usa with his mum but we divorced a few years ago - would I be able to apply for a family visa? my intention is to emigrate there but not sure what the best way forward is.

My ex wife is prepared to act as a sponsor

I also work over in Iraq in the private security industry and have the American gov as a client

any assistant would be greatly appreciated.
Category: US Law
Expert:  Guillermo Senmartin replied 4 years ago.

Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. Believe me that I will try my best to give you a solution if one exists, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

Are you planning to marry your ex-spouse again?