Ely
Ely, Lawyer
Experience:  Counselor at Law. Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I hold a resident alien green card that has no expiration date

Customer Question

I hold a resident alien green card that has no expiration date which was one of the ones issued between 1979 and 1989 I have lived and worked in the united states and have returned to my home country over two years. I have lost my social security number and my drivers licence has expired. Can i find out my social security number and resume to live and work in the united states as my green card is old and does not have hold any regulations on it.
Category: US Law
Expert:  Guillermo Senmartin replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name is Guillermo Senmartin and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. Believe me that I will try my best to give you a solution if one exists, but sometimes the law does not have a good one. Also, we have been having technical issues lately. If you respond and you do not see your response, please post again until you can see it because if you cannot see it, I cannot see it to respond.

That is does not have an expiration date does not mean that it has no regulations on it. It does and you probably aren't going to like the regulations that are on it. I ask that you please not shoot the messenger. Are you saying that you left the U.S. and have not come back for over 2 years? Did you apply for a Re-Entry Permit before you left the U.S.? How did you obtain your Residency status in the first place? You may have to apply all over again.
Did you reply? If you did and you do not see your reply above, it is because we have been having technical difficulties. Please repost your reply and to make sure it went through, you should be able to read it on the thread, not get a mostly blank screen after hitting the reply button. I believe I may be able to help you. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you.
Are you saying that you left the U.S. and have not come back for over 2 years? Did you apply for a Re-Entry Permit before you left the U.S.? How did you obtain your Residency status in the first place? You may have to apply all over again.