Guillermo Senmartin
Guillermo Senmartin, Attorney At Law
Experience:  Over 12+ years of experience in various areas of U.S. Law and 15+ years of experience in U.S. Immigration Law..
9200179

I was charged with DUI in Texas 10 years ago and left without

Customer Question

I was charged with DUI in Texas 10 years ago and left without going to court can I enter the US again?
Category: US Law
Expert:  Guillermo Senmartin replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name is Guillermo Senmartin and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. Believe me that I will try my best to give you a solution if one exists, but sometimes the law does not have a good one. Also, we have been having technical issues lately. If you respond and you do not see your response, please post again until you can see it because if you cannot see it, I cannot see it to respond.

Because you left without going to court, that most likely means you have a warrant out for your arrest. This means that if you tried to enter the U.S., you would be stopped and arrested at the Port of Entry. So I would say no, you would not be able to enter the U.S. again unless you wanted to be arrested and have to deal with the situation from jail. What you can try to do is hire an attorney to motion the court that has your case in Texas to set aside the bench warrant and try to negotiate a plea where perhaps you can appear by video or by phone. If all is taken care of positively, then you may be able to enter the U.S. You can look for an attorney at www.avvo.com or www.ailalawyer.com.

Now that I have given you an answer, you may rate me positively OR ask for additional information. Please do not rate me negatively for bad news or things that you may already know. That doesn’t help you or me. I am here to help you and I am on your side. Give me a chance to help you. All you have to do is respond asking for additional information. After you rate positively, a bonus is always appreciated, and I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. Please do not log off without rating positively. It is VERY important for me to receive credit since I receive no salary. You are not charged again. If you would like to request me in the future, just type: FOR GUILLERMO on the subject line. Thank you!
Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!