Guillermo Senmartin
Guillermo Senmartin, Attorney At Law
Experience:  Over 12+ years of experience in various areas of U.S. Law and 15+ years of experience in U.S. Immigration Law..
9200179

Im goung to new york tomorrow for a holiday. I made a mistake

Im goung to new york tomorrow for a holiday. I made a mistake on my esta application (answered question incorrectly) and it was denied. I reapplied but was refused again. If I fly over is there any chance immigration will realize ive made a genuine mistake and let me in?
Category: US Law
Expert:  Guillermo Senmartin replied 3 years ago.

Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. Believe me that I will try my best to give you a solution if one exists, but sometimes the law does not have a good one. Also, we have been having technical issues lately. If you respond and you do not see your response, please post again until you can see it because if you cannot see it, I cannot see it to respond.

I'm probably not going to have good news for you and you shouldn't take this chance, but what as the mistake that you originally made? And why was the second one denied if you fixed the mistake?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I accidentally answered a question wrong asking me if I have any communicable disease's mental illness or addictions. I said yes by accident. I was denied the other 2 times because I was denied the first time. I rang them and they told me there was nothing they could do for me and to contact the American embassy but they said the only thing I can do is apply for an visa which takes up to 20 days.
That sounds about right. You'd have to apply for a B-2 tourist visa. If you tried to come to the U.S. anyway, first, the airline may not let you board the flight without a valid ESTA or visa in your passport. Second, even if you were able to get to the U.S., I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX they would let you in. We are talking a very small percentage chance that the officer at the Port of Entry would feel sorry enough for your situation to allow you in. More than likely, you would be turned around and sent home with no penalty, or you could be sent home with a 5 year penalty, or if they catch you in some lie, you could be sent him with a permanent penalty. There are waivers to allow one to waive the 5 year and permanent penalty, but they are very hard to get. I just don't recommend trying in. I am truly sorry. Perhaps you can change your flight and ask for your employer to move your vacation to a different date. I wish I had an easier solution for you.

Now that I have given you an answer, you may rate me positively OR ask for additional information. Please do not rate me negatively for bad news or things that you may already know. That doesn’t help you or me. I am here to help you and I am on your side. Give me a chance to help you. All you have to do is respond asking for additional information. After you rate positively, a bonus is always appreciated, and I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. Please do not log off without rating positively. It is VERY important for me to receive credit since I receive no salary. You are not charged again. If you would like to request me in the future, just type: FOR GUILLERMO on the subject line. Thank you!

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Hello. I see that you are viewing my responses. Please do not go away upset at me that the law does not have an easy solution. Believe me, it would be much easier for me to say, "sure you have a chance to get in as long as you can convince the officer that you deserve to be let in" and that is actually the truth, but that reality is that they are most likely going to send you back. Please do not make me suffer because I am telling you the whole truth. I would have told you half of the truth and you would have rated me positively and I would have been compensated and then later on, you would have gotten into trouble and I could have covered myself just by saying that I never said that there was a guarantee. I'm what you call an honest and moral attorney. Strange, I know. But I gave you the full truth and I hope you respect and understand that. Please do not forget to rate me positively. As I do not receive a salary, it is the only way that I get credit for my service to you. You are not charged again and I will not abandon you after you rate me positively if you have additional questions. Thank you.