Ely
Ely, Lawyer
Experience:  Counselor at Law. Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Hi Fran. I have just won a sealed bid for the house next door.

Customer Question

Hi Fran. I have just won a sealed bid for the house next door. The seller had the contract and rider from mine before.We were meant to exchange on last Monday, then he backed out and asked for sealed bids by the end of Monday.
Now he wants changes to the rider, specifically the no leaking roof.
Is this ethical, it seems to me he has gone back to the other party with my offer
Category: US Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for requesting me, but I am not a real estate lawyer. This question is out of my ballpark. I am going to opt out, and let some other US lawyer here pick it up if he can answr you.

If you get no answer on this site, you might want to post the question again on our US sister site, www.justanswer.com where we have a lot more US lawyers and a full complement of Real Estate lawyers who can assist you.